Welcome all to the next phase of the 2021 KPOPREVIEWED Awards. Over the last few weeks, I have posted the nominations and announced my personal picks for who I personally thought was the best of the best in 2021. But in keeping with the annual KPOPREVIEWED Awards from previous years, the final decision of who should win each category will ultimately lie with you (the audience and readers of the blog).
From 15 November 2021 to the final second of 2021, you will be able to vote for your favourite artists, choreographies, visuals, songs and albums. Voting is officially now open, so click the link at the bottom of this post to be taken to the survey and get voting! 37 categories, including Best Male and Female New Artist, Best Male and Female Soloists and Groups, Best Music Video, Best Male and Female Choreography (Solo and Group), Best Album of 2021 now rest in your hands.
Like previous years, you will be able to vote up to five songs in the Best Song of 2021 category at the end of the survey, with your votes making up 50% of the criteria for the category (and the other 50% being my personal Weekly KPOP Charts). Putting five songs down is optional, however. But you must vote for at least one song. If you are certain you know which song is ultimately the best of 2021, then you are allowed to put down that one particular song. But you are open to putting up to five songs, so that you do not need to dwindle your list down to just one song. As always, there are some rules for the categories and they are as follows (you will be reminded of them once you get to that stage of the survey as well):
- Please type out the title and artist, especially to differentiate songs with the same title. If I cannot tell which specific song by a particular artist it is, I cannot count your vote.
- You can only vote for one song once. You cannot list the same song five times.
- Eligibility period for this category is between 30th November 2020 to 24th October 2021. For a list of songs eligible, view this spreadsheet to help you out. (Note this is just a list of songs that I reviewed this year, and there are many other songs eligible that I haven’t reviewed yet).
- Only title tracks or songs with a music video will be accepted for this category (sidetracks with a MV are permitted, but sidetracks without a music video are not).
- English and Japanese language songs (like the ones nominated earlier) will be accepted this year in this category, so if you want to vote for BTS’s Butter or TXT’s Magic (for example), feel free to. However, title tracks or songs with MVs only – see the list above for eligible songs.
Happy voting. Check the blog in January 2022 to find out if the groups/artists you supported, songs you liked and the performances you enjoyed were awarded in the 2021 KPOPREVIEWED Awards.